FRANKFORT, Ky. – Governor-elect Andy Beshear named several more members of his cabinet Friday as he prepares for the inauguration next week.
Among the appointees is La Tasha Buckner, who will be Beshear’s Chief of Staff. She’s already Beshear’s Chief of Staff in the Attorney General’s office.
“As we prepare to move Kentucky forward, I am once again excited to continue serving the administration and working with Governor-elect Beshear,” Buckner said.
John Hicks will serve as Beshear’s budget director. He worked in the Kentucky budget office for 25 years before becoming executive director of the National Association of State Budget Officers in Washington, D.C.
“I look forward to returning to my home state and helping him put together his initial biennial budget recommendation,” Hicks said. “It is an important challenge and will reflect the Gov.-elect’s values and priorities.”
Among Beshear’s other appointees:
- Finance and Administration Cabinet Secretary Holly McCoy-Johnson
- Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet Secretary Mike Berry
- Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Chief of Staff Susan Rieber
- Office of the Governor, Director of Legislative Services Dorsey Ridley
- Finance and Administration Cabinet, Department of Revenue Commissioner Tom Miller