LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Kentuckiana has some pretty bad roads—we all know that, but which road is the worst? We’ve narrowed down your suggestions to the eight worst areas in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. You can find a map of the roads here.
Blue Lick Road in Okolona
- This area in Okolona has created havoc for drivers, with many saying driving on this road is like riding on a roller coaster.
Stonestreet Road in Valley Station
- Several people labeled this road “a danger waiting to happen,” with drivers going all over the place to avoid the cracks and potholes on this street.
I-65 through Bullitt County
- The part of the interstate that runs through Bullitt County has given itself a bad reputation. At some points, drivers cited drops of 3-5 inches, ruining the bottom of your vehicle.
Highway 53 in Shelby County
- Viewers said they have been trying to get this road widened for some time as continuously patching holes has not solved their problems.
IN-62 Roundabout in Jeffersonville
- Calling this “the roundabout from hell,” one viewer said their GPS can’t even figure out the confusion at the IN-62 roundabout. Aside from it’s complex nature, drivers call it an accident waiting to happen.
Highways 202 & 289 in Henry County
- People in Henry County said there’s not an area on these highways that aren’t rough on your car. One viewer said she has barely missed getting hit head-on because drivers were trying to avoid pot holes.
Lexington Road in St. Matthews
- If you’re looking for a bunny ride, St Matthews residents say you’re in for a treat on Lexington Road. Despite a lot of traffic, drivers say the road does not get the attention it needs.
Highwater Road in New Albany
- If you want to drive down Highwater Road in New Albany, people suggest taking something other than a car.
Vote for the worst road below:
Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the WHAS11 News app now.