LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Hints popped up around the city and on Thursday the Rolling Stones made it official, the legendary rock and roll band will play Cardinal Stadium this summer.
The Stones are bringing their “No Filter” tour to the states for a 15 city run and Louisville will host the band Sunday, June 14.
The band which formed in 1962 and plucked their name from the Muddy Waters song “Rollin’ Stone”, has been entertaining fans for almost 60 years. The new tour comes after their record-breaking, sold-out performances in 2019. Rolling Stone magazine called that tour, “A triumph for the World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band.”
Keith Richards said, ““We had the best time on the road last summer and we are ready to do it again!”
Now to the important information. Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, February 14 at 10 am. A limited number of VIP packages are available at the band’s website. American Express Card membrs can buy tickets early beginning Wednesday, February 12 at 10 a, through Thursday, February 13 at 10 am.
Here is the complete list of tour dates:
THE ROLLING STONES – NO FILTER TOUR
- May 8 San Diego, CA SDCCU Stadium
- May 12 Vancouver, BC BC Place
- May 16 Minneapolis, MN U.S. Bank Stadium
- May 20 Nashville, TN Nissan Stadium
- May 24 Austin, TX Circuit of the Americas
- May 29 Dallas, TX Cotton Bowl Stadium
- June 6 Buffalo, NY New Era Field
- June 10 Detroit, MI Ford Field
- June 14 LOUISVILLE, KY CARDINAL STADIUM
- June 19 Cleveland, OH FirstEnergy Stadium
- June 23 Pittsburgh, PA Heinz Field
- June 27 St. Louis, MO The Dome at America’s Center
- July 1 Charlotte, NC Bank of America Stadium
- July 5 Tampa, FL Raymond James Stadium
- July 9 Atlanta, GA Mercedes-Benz Stadium
This isn’t the first time the Stones have have come to Louisville. They first played in 1975 at Freedom Hall. They returned in 1989 but this time played in Old Cardinal Stadium. The last time the band was in town was 2006 when they played at Churchill Downs.
The band who range in age from 72 to 78, say they are looking forward to hitting the road. Jagger said, “It’s always a pleasure to return to North America and play for some of biggest and best crowds in the world!”
Here is a playlist from Spotify to get you ready for the show.